INKspired #121 Colour Challenge

| on
8:00 PM

 

Hello crafty friends. Welcome to another Sunday night INKspired Blog-Hop! I hope you have had an enjoyable weekend. Each week I get a little more hopeful that the world is winning the fight against Covid-19. I hope the post finds you and your loves safe.  

I love being able to play long each fortnight with the INKspired Team members. If this is your first stop, please hop over to the other team players to see what they have created using the awesome Colour Combo for this week. You may have arrived here from the lovely Teresa Irwin who I'm sure has inspired you with what she has created using the same Colour Combination below.


My Card


For my card this week I used the Prized Peony set from the Stampin' Up! 2020 Annual Catalogue.
I started by Stamping the single flower in Memento ink and coloured the flower using Mango Melody Stampin Blends. It's such an easy flower to colour as the shading helps guide you in placing the dark and light highlights. For the leaves I used a combination of the light mango melody and both light and dark Old Olive Bends. I then layered this onto a piece of whisper white embossed using my favourite Subtle Embossing folder. This week as a Demonstrator I was able to purchase the new Die and Embossing Machine that will be available for purchase in September and let me tell you it's the best.  No more struggling to get the plates to go through the machine. We have waited a while for them to arrive but it really was worth the wait. Back to my card. I used Pretty Peacock to frame the white and coloured the  Pool Party ribbon in Pretty Peacock Bends as well. To finish my card I added Pool party DSP which I layered on Whisper white and then onto Pool Party. For a little extra elegance I added a little trim on both sides of my card using a die from the Positive Thoughts stamp set (Using Mango Melody Cardstock). So there you have it... All Four colours used. A big thank you to Teneale Williams who works really hard to design and create all the challenges for us. I love that she makes us think outside the box when it comes to using the colours together.  Now it's onto the lovely Julie Martin to see her creation using the same colour combo... 



your photo name
6 comments on "INKspired #121 Colour Challenge"
  1. Hi Narelle! Luv your card! I like the papers, and especially how you used the Mango Blends with the Old Olive for the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Narelle, The subtle embossing folder is my favourite also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Narelle such a pretty card love all the texture in it.xx

    ReplyDelete