Inkspired Bloghop #86 - Dashing Deer

| on
8:00 PM

Hello and welcome to another Inkspired Blog-Hop! I'm so happy you joined us! If this is your first stop please hop over to the other team players to see what they have created using the awesome sketch Teneale Williams has designed for us this week. You may have arrived here from the lovely Kozue Smith who I'm sure has inspired you with what she has created using the sketch

This Weeks Sketch

This week I felt I needed to make a start on my Christmas cards and with all the awesome new products in the Holiday Catalogue I was able to get lots of inspiring and decided on using the Dashing Deer Stamp set which has matching Thinlits dies "Awesome no fussy cutting needed."  If it's one still on the wish list you can even get it 10% cheaper if you purchase it in a bundle.

My Card


Firstly I started by creating a piece of Bright copper shimmer paper using the new shimmer paint. A technique I learnt from Teneale. I took a piece of Sahara sand and painted in random strokes over the cardstock until I had enough to create my reindeer. I left it overnight to dry then cut out the reindeer using the thinlits. I did a couple of Dashing Deers in Sahara Sand and glued them together.

For the sentiment I used another piece of Sahara sand and with a dauber addd the shimmer paint to the rubber stamp and then stamped direct to the card. Next I used my all time favourite Embossing folder called subtle on page 22 of the AC. I then combined the Joyous Noel Specialty DSP as they work so well with Sahara sand cardstock. So soft and pretty. "Love it". To finish off I added a little piece of the beautiful Lace Trim as my scallop piece in the sketch and created a bow using the Linen Thread which I painted using the Bright Cooper shimmer paint to match the Dashing Deer.

Inside My Card

I always complete the inside of my cards with the matching DSP. I added a strip of the painted paper and again added the paint to the sentiment using a dubber. And of course to finish off my card I added a little bit of glitz using the beautiful Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint which I added to Isocol in a Stampin Spritzers. This gives a beautiful soft sparkle to the cards. Love it.

Next on the Hop is the Lovely Maree McIntosh 
 


your photo name
3 comments on "Inkspired Bloghop #86 - Dashing Deer"
  1. Wow Narelle so pretty with all the shimmer paint. I must use it on a word stamp - great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always wonderful creative and beautifully stamped and presented card........love your work Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card as always Narelle. Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete