Global Design Project 128 | CASE the Designer

| on
1:46 PM

Hi and welcome to my blog. This week the Global Design Project is about " Case " which is casing the lovely Designer Steffi Helmschrott card. When I have some down time I love to play along to the different Challenges and GDP is one of my favourites. The team creates such inspiring creations to play along to and this week is no different with Steffi's Case. 

To "Case" simple means to copy and selectively edit" as the team puts it. So we can use any element from her card.  It may be the colours, the stamp set or the card layout.  I decided to use the card layout. I wasn't sure what size (measurements) she used for her card but I liked that it was a different shape from the standard card shape we often use , so after a few mishaps (Cardstock cut wrong) in the first couple of attempts to get the same shape (my card ended up measuring 13.5 x 9.5) folded in half length-wise. "It was a case of text a friend" to see what she thought the sizing might be. Thanks Lou Lou  it worked. 


My Card. 



For my card I used the Timeless Textures Stamp set on page 154 of the Annual Catalogue. You can add texture and character to your cards and memory-keeping projects with this stamp set. It's very trendy and so gorgeous. I kept my card simple using Basic Black and smoky Slate. I felt it was a little plain and simple so added a little bit of colour using soft sky classic weave ribbon. I just love how everything coordinates so well with each other. Thanks Stampin'Up! for making it easy to be creative. The sentiment is from the beautiful Birthday Blooms Stamp Set. 
Thanks for stopping by! 



your photo name
1 comment on "Global Design Project 128 | CASE the Designer"
  1. This is beautiful Narelle! I'm so glad the size worked out and I made a couple of sizing mistakes too...it's always a bit of a hit and miss with me!! I love the colours you have used the ribbon embellishment is the perfect finish. Thanks for playing along to the GDP this week. xo

    ReplyDelete