Freshly Made Sketches #455 - A Sketch by Jen Mitchell

| on
10:33 AM

 

Hi Crafters and welcome to my blog.  I love to play along to the different Challenges when I can and Freshly Made Sketches! is one of my favourites. The "Clean team" creates such inspiring creations to play along to and this week is no different with a classic Sketch by Jen Mitchell.  The challenge is to follow the sketch while keeping the project clean-lined and fresh.

This Weeks Sketch

Having a star in the sketch made me think Christmas again this week. Again I used lines to create a simple clean look on a whisper white Card Base. The stripped paper and the little Christmas Trees are from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper which is perfect for any Christmas projects. 

My Card


I started with a piece of thick Whisper white cardstock 23cms x11.5cms and scored it @11.5cms to create a square card base. For the panels I cut 2 pieces of Real Red card measuring 3.5cms x 10.5cms and 6.5cms x 10.5cms. The DSP was cut 2mm smaller and then layered on the Real Red. I layered the Christmas trees on a stitched circle die and glued the circle to the gold scalloped die. I coloured the Pool Party Sheer Ribbon using the Dark Real Red Stampin' Blend.  The sentiment comes from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set. The little star Designer Elements from the Annual Catalogue were prefect size for the little Christmas trees. I made a matching envelope by adding a piece of the DSP to it. Thanks for stopping by!



your photo name
3 comments on "Freshly Made Sketches #455 - A Sketch by Jen Mitchell"
  1. I love your Christmas card. The classic colors are so vibrant and I love that you cut the Christmas trees from DSP. What a great look that is! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the sleek lines and brilliant colour...always a winning combination red, white and green....nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the classic patterns for your Christmas card. The trees are so sweet and I like the scalloped gold behind them. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete