Freshly Made Sketches 454

| on
6:37 AM

 

Hi Crafters and welcome to my blog. When I have some down time I love to play along to the different Challenges and Freshly Made Sketches! is one of my favourites. The "Clean team" creates such inspiring creations to play along to and this week is no different with a classic Sketch by Jacquie Southas The challenge is to follow the sketch while keeping the project clean-lined and fresh.





Keeping it clean for me is always a challenge as I love to add layers to all my creations. I literally ran with the word lined and used the beautiful Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (A Returning Fave) to create a clean lined look. This was layered on some Night of Navy and then using my go to Subtle Embossing folder I added some soft texture to another piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. I really wanted to show how the GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS stamp set from Stampin’Up! could be used for both Traditional and Non Traditional Christmas colour schemes. On Sunday I used the same set to create a colour combo of Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Pear pizzazz and Crumb Cake. 

My Card


I really love Christmas and all the sparkle and glitter that goes with it. I added wink of 
Stella to the gnome's hat, beard and the little Christmas ornament in his hand. I coloured him in with Light Night of Navy and Light Mossy Meadow Stampin Blends. A little trick I often do is colour ribbon with the Stampin Blends to match the colours I have used. The dainty Sheer Pool Party Ribbon from the annual catalogue worked perfectly as it allowed the edge of the panel to show through the ribbon. To finish off my card I added the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set. Thanks for Stopping By!


your photo name
3 comments on "Freshly Made Sketches 454"
  1. Love the clean stripes and touch of shimmer! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I just got this set, thanks for the inspiration! You had me at blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I love this image you'e used (and you are now making me want it) - he's coloured perfectly! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete