INKSpired Blog Hop - Another Thank you

| on
10:00 AM


INKspired Artists Blog Hop 

Hi and welcome to another INKspired Sketch Bog Hop. For this BlogHop I thought I would try my hand at the Bokeh Technique which is actually a photography technique that works beautifully with stamping too! You may have arrived here from Maree's blog, or if it's your first stop please be sure to ‘hop’ to all the other  talented INKsired Team Members!    


The INKSpired sketch for this week was designed by 
my talented Up-Line Teneale Williams.


And this is what I came up with! 



I wanted to make the background the feature of my design this week but felt the sentiment also needed to be big and bold so I decided on Another Thank-you; a Photopolymer stamp set which can be found on page 148 in the current Stampin'Up! Catalogue.

I had several attempts at doing this background as there are many different ways in which you can create this effect. I first tried using watercolour paper and found it gave a fantastic effect using the re- inkers but it was difficult to stamp on once the background was finished. I found it works best using the shimmery white cardstock.

I began with a 10.5 cm x 14.5 cm piece of shimmery white cardstock. I mixed 3 drops of re-inker colour to 10 drops of water. The colours I used were Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight which are all from the Brights Collection from Stampin'Up!
I just love how everything from SU co-ordinates.  

I totally covered the cardstock in all three colours and waited for it to dry. You could use your heat gun to speed up the process if you needed to. I then created a template using a window sheet and the 3 smallest circle framelits. Using a dauber and the White craft ink I randomly coloured the circles over lapping the sizes with the white craft ink. Once this had dried, I then stamped the sentiment in black Stazon On. I just love this technique as each time you start over you'll  get a different effect. Thanks for stopping bye!

"Happy Stampin"



Next is the very talented INKspired Team Member 
Renee Lynch








Products I've Used!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


your photo name
5 comments on "INKSpired Blog Hop - Another Thank you"
  1. Narelle love your card and technique, its really a fun one to make and love your vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this bokeh effect Narelle and you have mastered it! A very bright and gorgeous card this week. Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Narelle, I love the bokeh it's stunning & the colours are perfect. Lis xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a technique I have not tried yet and now I know I'll have to!! An amazing card Narelle. I really love your colour scheme and choice of stamp too. You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I have not played with this technique but totally want to after seeing your card and Barbara's.

    ReplyDelete