The Open Sea

| on
12:34 PM
This week at Just Add Ink it's all about  DAD.  
So Happy Father's Day to all the Great Dads out there. I hope you enjoyed  your special Day with family!


I love to play along to the Just Add Ink Challenge each week, but I thought it wasn't going to happen this week as I have never made a masculine card.. EVER! I began to think long and hard about what I could do, only to find I didn't own the stamp set I wanted to use. "That's always seems to happen with me" LOL. The only stamp set that I had that was masculine is a Stamp set called "The Open Sea" from Stampin' Up! I'm not sure what the technique I did is called but I embossed the background in White and then embossed the ships in black as the feature of the card. I cheated and used my computer to create the sentiment and embellished the card using some DSP from the Neutrals Designer Paper Stack, Seam Binding Ribbon, Linen Thread and a black button. Because the card ended up being an unusual size I used the Envelope Punch Board to create an envelope to fit the card.
Hope you like it!

Cheers Narelle 



your photo name
4 comments on "The Open Sea"
  1. Narelle, this is UNREAL!! Firstly, I can't believe you've never made a masculine card before (totally nailed it!), and secondly I just love everything about this. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Narelle, this is truly a work of art. I love everything about it. The colours, design, theme, just wonderful.
    Congratulations
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narelle what a fabulous masculine card! I love the background - it is wonderfully atmospheric and detailed - as is the whole card. Thanks for joining us at just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narelle I love the paper you have used at the base of the card. It looks like waves. And the way you have decorated the top, looks like wind. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete